There are many habits and helpful healthy lifestyle tips that will help seniors like you to improve your lifestyle and enjoy greater vibrancy and happiness.
Here are just a few:
1) Eat more of the foods that are best for your body. Food is fuel for your body and largely determines you health and happiness.
2) Eat a well-balanced diet. Increase your intake of nature's finest: fruits and vegetables, preferably organic. As far as possible, avoid ingesting chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides, etc.
3) Eliminate or reduce your consumptions of processed foods that are high in fat, sodium and sugar. Reduce use of cola drinks, etc
4) Maintaining a regular, daily exercise program is a healthy lifestyle tip that you might enjoy. I like walking because it is low stress, low expense and most convenient.
5) Drink plenty of water every day. This tends to increase your levels of energy and endurance. It also greatly aids your body in cleansing itself and many other vital functions.
6) Make certain you are getting plenty of restful sleep at night. Most people need 6 to 8 hours a night. This will help you stay positive and upbeat in addition to aiding in your cognitive processes.
7) By following the above recommendations you will also find it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
8) Another healthy lifestyle tip, is to stop smoking. If you're not a smoker, don't start.
9) If you are a drinker, be careful. Spoiled juice provides no more benefit to your body than the original product, fresh from the vine.
10) Keep a positive outlook on life. It's a lot more fun and you'll be much happier!
11) Enjoy time with supportive friends and family. Don't be afraid to give and receive affirmation.
12) Carefully manage your levels of stress. It's here to stay but learn how to cope with it. Get help if you need it. That alone will help reduce it.
13) Minimize your time with negative people. It's not in your best interest to be part of that "flock"...remember "birds of a feather...?"
14) Enjoy your life. Do things that bring you contentment and fulfillment. Life is too short to do otherwise.
15) Picture yourself as being very healthy and happy.
16) Forgive people who have mistreated you. This may take some work, even some serious prayer, but the results are far beyond the effort it take to do it. While you're at it, forgive yourself! Your human too!
17) Spend significant time daily outdoors, breathing deeply and enjoying the beautiful sights and sounds of nature. Let yourself relax.
18) Be thankful of the gifts you already possess. Be assured you are much better off than most people on this planet. Be grateful!
19) Don't worry. It doesn't help solve the problem anyway and probably hinders the process, so what's the point? Have you tried prayer?
20) Be accepting of yourself and your shortcomings. Probably be a good idea to do the same for other people too.
21) I have saved what I believe is the most important ingredient to have a vibrant, healthy lifestyle. Simply cultivate a relationship with Jesus Christ.
How do you do that? I suggest that you talk with a trusted pastor or a Christian friend who knows Him.
More help available at Top 10 Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle for Seniors.
Go to the Contact Me page on this site, fill in your name and email address and I will be happy to help you.