There are many habits and helpful healthy lifestyle tips that will aid seniors like you and me, to improve our lifestyles and enjoy greater vibrancy and happiness.
Here are just a few:
1) Eat more of the foods that are best for your body. Food is fuel for your body and largely determines you health and happiness.
2) Eat a well-balanced diet. Increase your intake of nature's finest: fruits and vegetables, sometimes organic. As far as possible, avoid ingesting chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides, etc.
3) Eliminate or reduce your consumptions of processed foods that are high in fat, sodium and sugar. Reduce use of cola drinks, etc
4) Maintaining a regular, daily exercise program is a healthy lifestyle tip that we can enjoy. I like walking because it is low stress, low expense and most convenient.
5) Drink plenty of water every day. This tends to increase our levels of energy and endurance. It also greatly aids our bodies in cleansing themselves and many other vital functions.
6) Make certain we are getting plenty of restful sleep at night. Most people need 6 to 8 hours a night. This will help us stay positive and upbeat in addition to aiding in our cognitive processes.
7) By following the above recommendations we will also find it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
8) Another healthy lifestyle tip, is to stop smoking. If you're not a smoker, don't start.
9) If you are a drinker, be careful. Spoiled juice provides no more benefit to our bodies than the original product, fresh from the vine.
10) Keep a positive outlook on life. It's a lot more fun and we'll be much happier!
11) Enjoy time with supportive friends and family. Don't be afraid to give and receive affirmation.
12) Carefully manage our levels of stress. It's here to stay but learn how to cope with it. Get help if we need it. That alone will help reduce it.
13) Minimize your time with negative people. It's not in our best interest to be part of that "flock"...remember "birds of a feather...?"
14) Enjoy our life. Do things that bring us contentment and fulfillment. Life is too short to do otherwise.
15) Picture ourselves as being very healthy and happy.
16) Forgive ourselves. We're human too!
17) Spend significant time daily outdoors, breathing deeply and enjoying the beautiful sights and sounds of nature. Just relax.
18) Be thankful of the gifts we already possess. Be assured we are much better off than most people on this planet. Be grateful!
19) Don't worry. It doesn't help solve the problem anyway and probably hinders the process, so what's the point? Have you tried prayer?
20) Be accepting of our self and our shortcomings. Probably be a good idea to do the same for other people too.
21) I have saved what I believe is the most important ingredient: to have a vibrant, healthy lifestyle. Simply cultivate a relationship with Jesus Christ.
How do you do that? I suggest that you talk with a trusted pastor or a Christian friend who knows Him.
More help available at Top 10 Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle for Seniors.
Go to the Contact Me page on this site, fill in your name and email address and I will be happy to help you.
Please share your thoughts and any response you may have in the form below.