Is your daily routine so busy and full of activities that it's causing you stress and agitation? We've all heard of the health risks associated with too much stress, but how can you reduce that stress and find peace in your life?
To achieve a sense of peace, you can turn to the gift of prayer and meditation.
1. Stress reduction. Both meditation and prayer are wonderful for reducing stress. You'll find that it helps you learn how to get away from the worries of life to a more peaceful state of mind.
* Just 15 minutes a day can make a huge difference by bringing peace and relaxation to your body and mind. A few minutes each day isn't much, considering that the positive effects will last hours.
2. Improved health. Many studies have proven that prayer and meditation foster vibrant health. Usually, these health benefits, such as lower blood pressure and decreased risk of heart disease, occur because of lowered stress levels.
* Physical problems are often a symptom of turmoil on the inside and prayer and meditation can help to overcome that turmoil.
3. Better control over your thoughts. Having negative thoughts from time to time is part of being human. Many people who are stressed don't believe they're able to control what they think. The stress mounts, tempers flair, and before long arguments ensue.
However, by bringing prayer and meditation into your life, it's possible to control your thoughts and stop negative thinking as soon as it happens. This helps keep your mind at peace.
4. Happiness. Both peace of mind and happiness are true benefits of meditation and prayer. Everyone is seeking happiness in their lives, and when you're able to find peace of mind through prayer and meditation, you're also welcoming happiness into your life.
By spending some time in personal reflection, you'll gain greater wisdom of your mission in this life, and you'll be better able to appreciate all that you've been given, both good and bad. Meditation and prayer help banish those negative thoughts that threaten your peace of mind.
5. Better concentration. As you pray and meditate, you welcome peace and tranquility into your mind, which then affects how you live your life. When you alleviate the stresses in your life, you're better able to concentrate on the things that are important, such as family or work.
* Continued prayer and meditation will help you expand your focus to multiple areas of your life.
Although prayer and meditation can provide peace in your life, it can be hard to make the time at first, but it's easier than you think. Simply find a quiet place in your home and allow yourself to relax and feel at peace for 10-15 minutes. You deserve those 15 minutes of peace each day!
While there are plenty of positive benefits of prayer and meditation, it may take practice and perseverance to achieve them. Over time you'll begin to experience this wonderful gift in your own life and you'll be thankful that you did!
All that I have said before is trustworthy and true, but I have saved the best for last. Here it is.
I believe Will Rogers said, “A stranger is just a friend you’ve never met.” It is more than worth your best effort to come to know Jesus. He is the best friend you will ever have. He continues to seek you through providential leading and circumstances.
He doesn’t want to be in heaven without you. That’s why He left heaven and came to earth to invite you to join Him up there. Please don’t disappoint Him.
Check out the links at the bottom of this page to discover helpful links to aid your search to discover (or deepen) your relationship with Him.
Please share your thoughts and any response you may have in the form below.