Juice fasting appeals to many people, especially those that don't like the austerity of water fasting. In many ways, drinking juice is more delightful while you still meet your goal of cleansing and rejuvenating your body.
1. Juice requires minimal digestion. The calories and other nutrients in juice require very little digestion, so the body absorbs the nutrients very quickly. All this unused energy is available to repair and rejuvenate the body.
2. You absorb many micronutrients. When juicing, you'll use far more fruits and vegetables than anyone could possibly eat. Your stomach just isn't big enough!
3. Your body gets a chance to repair itself. Without the stress of digesting food, your body is able to spend time and energy on other things that can enhance your overall health.
4. You will lose weight. Juicing provides tons of micronutrients with minimal calories. One could very easily juice fast and only consume a few hundred calories per day. You will lose a lot of weight, as long as you keep the amount of fruit juice under control.
5. Your blood pH will stabilize. The modern Western diet is very acid promoting. The body does not function optimally in an acidic environment. Many body processes are pH dependent, and an incorrect pH creates a lot of work for the body.
The 3-dimensional structure of proteins is dependent on pH. Keep in mind that enzymes are all protein molecules. A tremendous number of biological processes in the body are dependent on enzymes.
6. There are numerous other benefits. You can also enjoy these perks:
If you feel like you've been stuck in a rut with your health, a juice fast might hold the answer to rejuvenating yourself. All you need is a juicer and some fruits and vegetables. There are many recipes and a lot of great information available online or in various books.
Why not give juice fasting a chance and see what it can do for your mind and body? Give your body a rest from all the food it's had to digest over the years. If you give your body a break, it will surprise you in many wonderful ways.
Please share your thoughts and any response you may have in the form below.