Weight Loss Help
Benefits of Juice Fasting
Juice fasting appeals to seniors and many other people, especially those that don't like the austerity of water fasting. In many ways, drinking juice is more delightful while you still meet your goal of cleansing and rejuvenating your body.
Advantages and Benefits of Juice Fasting
1. Juice requires minimal digestion. The calories and other nutrients in juice require very little digestion, so the body absorbs the nutrients very quickly. All this unused energy is available to repair and rejuvenate the body.
Examples of juice fasting.
2. You absorb many micronutrients. When juicing, you'll use far more fruits and vegetables than anyone could possibly eat. Your stomach just isn't big enough!
- With juicing, you are getting tons of vitamins and minerals that are not available by eating only whole fruits and vegetables.
3. Your body gets a chance to repair itself. Without the stress of digesting food, your body is able to spend time and energy on other things that can enhance your overall health.
Lots of various choices.
- For example, organ repair and removal of dead and diseased cells can become more efficient.
4. You will lose weight. Juicing provides tons of micronutrients with minimal calories. One could very easily juice fast and only consume a few hundred calories per day. You will lose a lot of weight, as long as you keep the amount of fruit juice under control.
- The 3-dimensional structure of proteins is dependent on pH. Keep in mind that enzymes are all protein molecules. A tremendous number of biological processes in the body are dependent on enzymes.
- Most fruits and vegetables promote an alkaline pH. Some natural health experts believe an alkaline pH is among the most important components of good health.
Hum...maybe there's something to this!
6. There are numerous other benefits. You can also enjoy these perks:
- Greater mental focus and clarity are common when on a juice diet. We all know the feeling of being mentally sluggish after a big meal. Maybe you actually feel that way all the time, to a lesser degree, and don't even realize it. It's worth considering.
- You will likely experience a mood boost. Many people report feeling refreshed and happy during a juice fast.
- Your skin, nails, and hair will grow stronger and appear healthier. Juice fasters commonly report enhancements in these areas.
- You'll have more energy. It seems odd to think that you could eat less and have more energy. But consider that one pound of fat provides enough calories for you to run for about 30 miles. Your body isn't suffering from a lack of energy. Unless you're extremely lean, you have plenty of energy stored and ready for use.
- Your heart and overall cardiovascular health will increase. It's common for blood pressure to stabilize.
When less is more?
- The liver has a chance to detoxify. Many of the most harmful chemicals in food are fat-soluble. Since juicing has practically no fat, you won't be ingesting these substances.
- By losing weight, your body will finally have a chance to release other harmful chemicals stored in the body.
If you feel like you've been stuck in a rut with your health, a juice fast might hold the answer to rejuvenating yourself. All you need is a juicer and some fruits and vegetables. There are many recipes and a lot of great information available online or in various books.
Why not give juice fasting a chance and see what it can do for your mind and body. Give your body a rest from all the food it's had to digest over the years. If you give your body a break, it will surprise you in many wonderful ways.
Please share your thoughts and any response you may have in the form below.
Return to SeniorHealthyLifestyles.com
Bible Study Guides
It Is Written