Technology is a rather new ingredient in many seniors’ lives. Some of us have learned to adapt, at least to some degree. Others of us continue to struggle with technology. Regardless, it seems to be here to stay. So the question becomes, how are we to deal with it?
The modern world is always on. From phones that never stop ringing to email inboxes flooded with messages, it’s hard to find peace. Maybe you’re feeling overwhelmed, tired, and trying to keep up. Fortunately, there is a better way to find balance in your life.
1. Focus on creating a healthy relationship with technology. Between work, family, and friends, you may be online frequently. Your job may require you to use email, or your kids may text you updates. How do you find a balance amid the technology?
2. Live with technology instead of for it. Technology and being connected doesn’t have to absorb your entire life.
3. Disconnect on a frequent basis. It’s crucial to take breaks from always being connected to everyone through your phone, email, and social media.
4. Manage your connections. Do you really need to keep up with every person from your old school days? How many times do you need to check your social media accounts for new messages?
5. Partake in activities that reduce stress. A hyper-connected world can make you feel on edge. It can increase stress and anxiety. It can also make you feel that you always have to be available to do everything.
You can discover inner balance despite living in a hyper-connected world. Make these strategies daily habits and enjoy greater peace. It is possible to make your peace with technology and have control over it rather than let technology have control over you.
Please share your thoughts and any response you may have in the form below.