Watching my weight and getting enough exercise are ongoing issues for me. I cannot enjoy the benefits of being a teenager any more. The joys of eating whatever and whenever I want are gone forever.
Health and fitness are hot topics these days. If you're inclined to get in shape, that's a good trend to follow. But at what expense? How much money do you plan to commit to health and fitness regimens?
Unfortunately, the industry is capitalizing on consumers by selling expensive remedies promoting good health. And you've probably found yourself buying into it like many others.
The good news is that before health and fitness became this popular, it was possible to stay in shape on a budget. And those solutions are still available today.
1. Eat nutritiously. Forget those ads promoting weight loss supplements or fancy blenders. It's easy to get the weight management results you want by incorporating the right foods into your diet.
* Fruits and vegetables serve many purposes. Chief among them includes providing your body with the vitamins and nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
* Eating healthy proteins also helps the body get the nutrients it needs. Apart from that, protein helps to build muscle mass.
* Consuming more water is a great habit to form without any significant investment. The toxins in your body get flushed and you maintain a youthful glow when you consistently drink more water.
2. Treat yourself once per week. Maintaining a healthy regimen deserves recognition! That's why it's a good idea to treat yourself once a week.
* Set targets for diet and exercise each week. Once you've been able to hit them, treat yourself to your favorite snack or another indulgences.
* Treating yourself has psychological benefits. Because you know what's coming, you're more inclined to accomplish your goals.
2. Treat yourself once per week. Who says you have to spend hundreds of dollars to stay in shape? Actually, there are many different ways you can work out consistently without spending a dime.
* Do you live close to the beach? Ocean waters are as free as the air you breathe! Head out twice a week and have a swim in the ocean. Swimming is an extremely effective form of exercise.
* Medical professionals approve of walking as an effective form of exercise. From both health and fitness perspectives, it doesn't get much better than walking. Walk around the block a few times at a swift pace. You'll get good results.
* Buy some workout DVDs. For less than $20, you can achieve your fitness goals right in your living room!
2. Treat yourself once per week. Many of the remedies and regimens you see advertised are unrealistic. They set aggressive expectations, which translate to forceful life adjustments for you. It is unnecessary to put your body through that.
* Be honest with yourself. Determine how much time you have available to work out each week.
* Which diet changes are you willing to accept without feeling like you're torturing yourself?
* How much risk are you willing to put your body through? Just what is your safety and wellness worth?
Staying in shape is very possible on a budget. With some creativity and willpower, it can happen.
So forget about what you saw on that infomercial. And don't feel discouraged because celebrities look as flawless as they do. Sure, having unlimited money can get you fast results. But patience and creativity can give you results that will last a lifetime.
Please share your thoughts and any response you may have in the form below.